Being the Iron man of the house! (Work-Life Balance)
We are all looking for work life balance, aren't we?
Well, that's what i thought I when took a sabbatical of sorts to explore new entrepreneurial opportunities outside of a regular job.
To be candid with everyone, this topic still eludes me!
Surprised!?
Well, the reality is no matter how much time you have got, if your intent / purpose is not clear, you *will* not take the time out to enjoy the small pleasures of life!
When I left my earlier organization, many of my peers wondered if they would ever be able to make such a 'drastic' call.
So here is the good news.
There is nothing like perfect work life balance!
The entire essence lies in the intent to spend those crucial moments when your family needs you!
For example, I am called the 'Iron Man' in the house!
No, not that kind that you think of (being tough etc.).
I happen to iron my kids clothes in the morning as they are 'Perennially' late to catch the bus!
Now, this might be a small act, but your presence (i am sure) makes a lot of difference to them.
I know many of you might doing different things, like
- Dropping the kids till the school or the school bus
- Taking them to any extra curricular activity
- Cooking a dish that the kids love to have
- helping your spouse with any small chore
- spending dinner time with each other at any cost (no calls, no tv etc.)
etc.
So, set a regime (one that you can sign off with your spouse!) & stick to it!
Don't wait for PERFECTION!
PS: Do share your 'simple' ideas that have helped you, so that others can learn from them!
We are all looking for work life balance, aren't we?
Well, that's what i thought I when took a sabbatical of sorts to explore new entrepreneurial opportunities outside of a regular job.
To be candid with everyone, this topic still eludes me!
Surprised!?
Well, the reality is no matter how much time you have got, if your intent / purpose is not clear, you *will* not take the time out to enjoy the small pleasures of life!
When I left my earlier organization, many of my peers wondered if they would ever be able to make such a 'drastic' call.
So here is the good news.
There is nothing like perfect work life balance!
The entire essence lies in the intent to spend those crucial moments when your family needs you!
For example, I am called the 'Iron Man' in the house!
No, not that kind that you think of (being tough etc.).
I happen to iron my kids clothes in the morning as they are 'Perennially' late to catch the bus!
Now, this might be a small act, but your presence (i am sure) makes a lot of difference to them.
I know many of you might doing different things, like
- Dropping the kids till the school or the school bus
- Taking them to any extra curricular activity
- Cooking a dish that the kids love to have
- helping your spouse with any small chore
- spending dinner time with each other at any cost (no calls, no tv etc.)
etc.
So, set a regime (one that you can sign off with your spouse!) & stick to it!
Don't wait for PERFECTION!
PS: Do share your 'simple' ideas that have helped you, so that others can learn from them!
No comments:
Post a Comment