Progression / Promotion - is it a one way street?
We always seem to think in linear terms -
- Pay must always increase
- I should be leading more people
- I should be working for larger organization
- and, to an extent 'prices' always seem to go up :-)
This also seem to be the case with 'Promotion', isn't it?
One needs to be promoted from Team member > team lead > proj manager > delivery manager > General manager etc. etc.
In most of these cases both the organization and employee seem to be thinking in similar terms!
Why is it so?
Is Progress a forward moving line? if so for whom?
Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

We always seem to think in linear terms -
- Pay must always increase
- I should be leading more people
- I should be working for larger organization
- and, to an extent 'prices' always seem to go up :-)
This also seem to be the case with 'Promotion', isn't it?
One needs to be promoted from Team member > team lead > proj manager > delivery manager > General manager etc. etc.
In most of these cases both the organization and employee seem to be thinking in similar terms!
Why is it so?
Is Progress a forward moving line? if so for whom?
Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

No comments:
Post a Comment