August 31st 2014
The whole of last week was a fantastic one for me!
It started with a talk in a local IEEE function on Sunday - Where I spoke about "Adapting to a changing world!"
Then I paid obsequies to my father on Monday. It was his 25th anniversary.
Tuesday I was in Delhi doing what I love the most! - Conduct an Experiential Learning program!
Thursday I was preparing for yet another EL session which required a Banker training.
Was conducting a QUIZ for my Apartment kids on Saturday. This was as part of the Ganesh Chaturti festivities within our complex.
Finally, this morning I got to know that one of the kids in my apartment block needed Blood. I saw it as a nice opportunity to help someone and thereby end the week with a feeling of gratitude!
I know that there are strict norms against donating blood. But was confident that I would not be rejected for any of the reasons!
Infact I ensured that I check the qualification for blood donation. I was asked
- Are you more than 60kgs in weight?
- How old are you?
- Are you male? (They wanted platelets & I believe they do not have women donate for this cause)
My response was affirmative for all the 3 questions.
However, I was stunned to be rejected because - I believe there is one more question that needs to be asked:
- Are you on any medication?
I had to reveal that - I am on Thyroid medication. At which point I was politely told that they cannot accept mine!
This struck me very hard!
It is not so much to the fact i could not help this particular person. It is the revelation that I CANNOT HELP ANYONE WITH MY BLOOD in the FUTURE as well!
If you look at it philosophically - I did not donate while I could - during my early days! (This was my 2nd attempt to donate blood) - and now it is too late!
I can only receive & not give! - What a life :-(
Reflective Question - Does this correlate with Money or other things as well?
ENJOY THE FRUIT OF GIVING WHILE YOU CAN!
The whole of last week was a fantastic one for me!
It started with a talk in a local IEEE function on Sunday - Where I spoke about "Adapting to a changing world!"
Then I paid obsequies to my father on Monday. It was his 25th anniversary.
Tuesday I was in Delhi doing what I love the most! - Conduct an Experiential Learning program!
Thursday I was preparing for yet another EL session which required a Banker training.
Was conducting a QUIZ for my Apartment kids on Saturday. This was as part of the Ganesh Chaturti festivities within our complex.
Finally, this morning I got to know that one of the kids in my apartment block needed Blood. I saw it as a nice opportunity to help someone and thereby end the week with a feeling of gratitude!
I know that there are strict norms against donating blood. But was confident that I would not be rejected for any of the reasons!
Infact I ensured that I check the qualification for blood donation. I was asked
- Are you more than 60kgs in weight?
- How old are you?
- Are you male? (They wanted platelets & I believe they do not have women donate for this cause)
My response was affirmative for all the 3 questions.
However, I was stunned to be rejected because - I believe there is one more question that needs to be asked:
- Are you on any medication?
I had to reveal that - I am on Thyroid medication. At which point I was politely told that they cannot accept mine!
This struck me very hard!
It is not so much to the fact i could not help this particular person. It is the revelation that I CANNOT HELP ANYONE WITH MY BLOOD in the FUTURE as well!
If you look at it philosophically - I did not donate while I could - during my early days! (This was my 2nd attempt to donate blood) - and now it is too late!
I can only receive & not give! - What a life :-(
Reflective Question - Does this correlate with Money or other things as well?
ENJOY THE FRUIT OF GIVING WHILE YOU CAN!
No comments:
Post a Comment